Trying to eat healthier can feel intimidating but it doesn’t have to be difficult! By staying committed to making a few small tweaks you can start your way towards a healthier you.
- The first thing you need to do is plan ahead. This can seems like an overwhelming step but it doesn’t have to be! If you don’t feel ready to plan entire meals, you can start by making a grocery list of fruits and vegetables to add in to your diet.
- Try to add as many natural color to your diet as possible- and by natural colors we mean fruits and vegetables! Not only are they a great way to get your daily vitamins, they are also an excellent source of fiber which is essential for gut health and healthy bowels.
- Eat until you feel 80% full. When you eat it can take time for your brain to catch up with your stomach. So instead of eating until you are filled to the brim, eat until you begin to feel satisfied.
- Allow yourself to cheat, when it’s worth it. Don’t be too strict with what you eat. Life is meant to be enjoyed, food included. But, make sure when you do cheat, it’s worth it!
- Snack on veggies rather than high calorie snacks, you’ll still feel satisfied but on fewer calories. And if you they aren’t enough try snacking on cheese with your vegetables, the fat will keep you full and content.
- Eat your food off of small dishes rather than containers. Studies have shown that when we eat food straight from it’s container we tend to consume more and consume mindlessly. So eat with a purpose and eat off a plate.
- Drink more water. Drinking water gives you a myriad of benefits. It can boost your energy, support weight loss, improve your immune system, and even improve your complexion! Need we say more?
- When you are eating- enjoy eating! Resist the urge to mindlessly shovel food into your mouth. Instead try enjoying each bite, and really savoring the flavor, you’ll be amazed at what a difference this makes at your meal time!
Try these tips out and let us know how you feel!